If you feel comfortable joining the Home Builders Association of F-M for the Spring Parade of Homes, please do your part to ensure a safe experience for all. Protect yourself and others by following this safety protocol.
If you are not comfortable seeing homes during Parade hours, please use the event magazine and this website. Builders are happy to arrange private showings and many have photos and video links online.
HBA of F-M is requiring all event participants showing a home to take the following steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Those working the home must be feeling well and will be required to wear a face mask.
- No more than ten people will be allowed in a home at time. This includes staff working the home plus attendees. Builders with homes with lower square footage are encouraged to allow even fewer people inside to maintain 6-foot social distancing guidelines.
- Waiting areas outside each home will be marked with lines on the ground for people to wait at least 6 feet apart before entering.
- There will be one way in and a separate way out of homes to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Builders will be encouraged to leave lights on and open all doors to minimize contamination.
- Frequently touched areas such as countertops, door knobs, stair rails, display areas, etc. will be cleaned and disinfected often.
As an attendee of the event, we ask that you:
- Stay home if you are sick. Those displaying COVID-19 symptoms may not be granted access to the home. You can contact the builder to set up a private showing when you are better, if the home is available.
- It is suggested that seniors and persons with compromised immune systems not participate in or attend this event due to risk of infection.
- Maintain 6-foot social distancing guidelines while waiting to enter the home and while touring the home (including following any signs or instructions posted at a home).
- Refrain from touching surfaces in the home as much as possible.
- Wear shoe covers that will be provided at each home. Please dispose of them after each home.
- Wear a face mask while in the home.
- Bring hand sanitizer to use between home tours.
Your interest in the event is greatly appreciated by the Builders. We hope you enjoy the tour while still being mindful of the current health situation.